Bangkok Holidays Promotion: Centara Watergate Pavillion, 4-star, Bangkok Dessert Island by Bike
Excludes taxes and fuel surcharges
Get ready for a chaotic yet exotic travel to Bangkok where you will be drawn by the energy of this city from dusk till dawn.
Travel Dates: Valid for travel 01 May 2017 - 31 December 2017
Duration: 3 nights
Departing From: Singapore
Call 6692 9778 and
quote deal number 4538777
- 3 nights accommodation at Centara Watergate Pavillion with daily breakfast
- Return transfers between airport and hotel
- Local Life: Bangkok Dessert Island by Bike
Local Life Bangkok Dessert Island by Bike
Live the life of a local and travel on public modes of transport to the island of Koh Kret. Start you adventure with a trip aboard the express shuttle boat down the mighty Chao Phraya River and see a different side to Bangkok. After about an hour, arrive at Nonthaburi pier and stretch your legs with a stroll around the market. Next, take a song taew (local truck) to Pak Kret and catch the ferry across to the island. Although only 20km from the city this idyllic area is a car-free environment where the only forms of transport are by bicycle, boat or by foot!
Koh Kret is known for its distinctive pottery, handicrafts and artisans and traditional way of life and stupas that are built in the Burmese, Mon style. Wander around the pretty white stupas, pop in to visit the small museum and make sure you take a few minutes to make a wish by hitting the giant wooden gong! Followed by a long-tail boat ride around the island to the 'dessert home'. Learn the secrets behind these sweets. Try to make your own dessert and taste it. Afterwards, visit other small handicraft makers before you disembark at the pier near the market. Stop for lunch at local restaurant. Enjoy a delicious lunch by the river.
After lunch you will grab your bike and set off on the 6km circuit of the island and see the local life around Koh Kret. First stop at the pottery village where the skills have been passed down through the generations. Turn on the potter's wheel and try your hand and your artistic talents. Next pop into the botanic gardens and get a glimpse into the daily life. Continue cycling past the rural scenery, you can stop along the way for photos. Leaving your bike behind say good bye to Koh Kret and take a short rickshaw ride before returning to Bangkok by public air-conditioned bus. Tour ends at BTS Station (Chatuchak or Victory Monument).
MEETING POINT: BTS Saphan Taksin Station Exit 2
DURATION: 9 hours
DEPARTS: Daily at 8:00am
Terms and conditions
- Valid for sale until 17 March 2017.
- Blackout date may apply.
- Minimum two passengers travel together.
- Advertised price is per person twin share.
- For other hotel choices, additional night rates, single supplement or child prices, please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown is land only and exclude airfares and airport taxes.
- Additional taxes, levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by cheque or bank transfer. Any surcharges incurred by credit card payment are included.
- Prices are in SGD and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases, please enquire for further details.
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice.
- High season surcharges apply.
- Additional conditions may apply, please enquire for further details..
Check out these other Holiday Packages for Bangkok
Call 6692 9778 or email a Travel Expert to find out more
Widest range, unique products
We have the widest range of airfares and holidays as well as access to specials you won't find anywhere else.
We won't be beaten on price
Our Lowest Airfare Guarantee ensures you always get the best deal which means you save money.
Experts: anytime, any place.
With retail stores in Singapore, live chat and website, we're always here for you.